Flyers for advertising , Do they work?
SO …. do printed flyers
for advertising work? This is The ultimate question, is it worth spending out money getting 10,000 flyers
made up to promote in my local area.
For years, flyers
have been used, to help businesses and event organisers promote their products and events. But are flyers
still effective in the NEW
Official stats suggest they ARE
, showing almost 50%
of people read addressed mail
and more than 60%
read door drops
Flyer OR leaflet?
A flyer is a paper advertisement, normally slightly thicker than a leaflet, leaflets normally printed on GSM around 150
, and Flyers round 250
gsm, both so the same process, just one is thicker than the other.
Commonly used for door drops and addressed mail . We’ve outlined the door drop and addressed mail statistics, but what do these terms mean? Here are the facts.
- 57% of people opened an addressed flyer when it just arrived through their letter box.
- 8% opened it within a month
- 5% read/looked/glanced at it and 23% did so within a month.
- Leaflets and flyers are revisited 6 times, on average inside that household.
- 5% read/looked/glanced at an unaddressed flyer arriving through their door
- 16% put it aside to look at later
Interesting facts the shouldn’t be overlooked. Besides their ability to get eyes on your business, product or event, flyers
- Cost effective (cheap)
- Include’s a lot of info at your customers finger tips.
- Can let you be creative with your design
So….why use flyers?
There are many reasons why flyers
can be extremely effective at promoting your business, event, product or service. Below are just some of the main reasons.
- Cheap way to promote – Flyers are a cost-effective way of spreading your brand message – inexpensive to print and distribute.
- Quick turnaround – They can be printed at short notice, within 24hours with EssexBanners. Share offers or important news with the people in your area, fast.
- Great for new shop openings – Tell your local people you’re opening nearby. Introduce yourself to customers.
- Easy to measure success – You could use aQR codes, specific URLs and leaflet numbers can all be tracked, making it a measurable form of marketing.
- Physical part of your brand – Leaflets are something people can touch. Tangible marketing material that won’t get lost in a folder full of emails.
BUT…..do flyers still work?
To the point – YES
. According to DMA statistics
, flyers are still an effective marketing tool across both addressed mail and door drop distribution methods.
I hope this haas helped you with your decision.
Ready to get started?
We offer a huge range of flyers and leaflets
– all with 24hour delivery Shop flyers at EssexBanners
today. Or email us